Montag, 23. August 2010

Sweet Southern Heat... 15th August 2010



How come that every time that I'm in the US, as soon as I am in a car on the Interstate, I feel like I belong???
By the way, an A330 dropped me off here yesterday :-)
These typical southern houses are so lovely. Even if Charlotte surely isn't the place to be since there doesn't seem to be very much going on (as I already heard before). But some typically American things can also be seen here:
The clocks are ticking differently than in Europe or especially Germany.
A lot of Pick-Up trucks on the road (but no cowboys - for those I would have to drive further to the South West which I am planning to do some day!!! Not during this trip. But one of my next travels will be renting a car and driving through the South West... I always dreamed of marrying a nice good looking cowboy. I like that style!!!).
I especially like the climate here in the Carolinas. It's very warm but the sun is not burning. And it is so green!!! I'm planning to go to South Carolina next Saturday to visit the Boone Hall Plantation, the huge beautiful white house known from TV.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen